[Ansteorra] A&S question

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri May 25 08:51:52 PDT 2001

HE Joanna Montgomery asked:
> I need to know how to harvest and prepare rose hips.  I know somebody out
> there knows what to do with them. I have access to a bunch if I get them
> quick.

I've seen a bunch of material on roses and rose oil and rose water,
but not much on rose hips. What were they used for in period?

In case you don't get them in time, and you end up with rose
petals, here are some files in the Florilegium that might prove
of interest:
In the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
roses-art         (36K)  5/15/97    "Sacred Iron Posies" by Daniel del
Cavallo.
                                       (medieval roses).
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/roses-art.html
rose-syrup-msg    (10K)  6/24/99    Making rose syrup. It's uses.
Sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/rose-syrup-msg.html
rose-water-msg    (34K) 11/27/00    Where to buy. How to make.
Rose-water uses.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/rose-water-msg.html

In the RELIGION section:
rosaries-msg      (52K) 12/ 8/00    Period rosaries and their use.
Making rose
                                       beads.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/RELIGION/rosaries-msg.html

THLord Stefan li Rous