[Ansteorra] RE: [Bryn-gwlad] (no subject)

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Tue May 29 14:21:49 PDT 2001

Unto Limbrick Dahl, unlicensed merchant and peddler of suspect goods,

Mister Dahl, I understand that you are new to my barony and, as I've never
heard of you, perhaps the kingdom of Ansteorra. I therefore caution you to
pay attention to my words most carefully, for this is the last time that
they shall be directed to you.

You seem to have a most unfortunate habit of nailing supposedly private
messages onto a public posting board. These posting boards are kept at the
barony's cross roads as a means of communication for the public good. Pray
keep this in mind whilst you can still hold a quill.

In spite of your protestations of wanting no trouble, Mister Dahl, I can not
help but notice that you continue to slander an establish that Her
Excellency and I have seen fit to license for business, and to insinuate
that I am a patron of said establishment. Let me assure you good sir that
you shall gain no profit from the first activity and shall gain naught but
sorrow from the second. And do not think for a moment that I shall darken
the door of your establishment, nor of any like it. Such business may be
suitable for the patronage of others and are certainly acceptable as a means
of income to the baronial coffers, but they are neither of my liking nor of
my station. If you ever do see me in person, Mr Dahl, rest assured that it
will be over matters far more grave than a tankard of beer.

Finally, let me state that if the interior of the Boar's Breast is not to
your liking, I can assure you that you will enjoy my oubliette even less.
Such will be your lodging while you await trail in my court unless you cease
your slander of my name forthwith. Know that I shall not hold court until
this coming harvest, and that I have a very long docket which may force me
to hold over some cases until Christmastide. Do keep that in mind with any
future messages, Mr. Dahl.

Do not bother to respond to this message either publicly or privately. I
have made known my feelings and my intentions and have given you fair and
just warning. If you do believe the greetings with which you began your last
letter, I suggest you heed that warning.

Pendaran,
Lord Bryn Gwlad