[Ansteorra] Reducing the Cost of the Black Star

Margaret Mitchell mirrim at moritu.net
Wed May 30 07:44:01 PDT 2001

That would seem like a reasonable suggestion, but we can't do that.
Every sustaining membership comes with a subscription to the
newsletter.  The Kingdom gets a stipend from Corporate to help defray
the cost of the newsletter, but it doesn't cover all the expenses.
Corporate sends the mailing labels and the kingdom has to send a copy of
the Black Star to each of those people.  It would also be more
time-consuming to go through the mailing labels and pick out a few that
you didn't want to send.

However, next time you and your husband renew your memberships, one of
you could get a sustaining membership and the other could get a family
membership.  That would reduce the cost for you and you would only get
one Black Star in the mail.  Family membership carries all the same
benefits as sustaining membership except that you don't get a separate
copy of the Black Star.  You will still qualify for member discounts at
events, you can still hold any office, or enter Crown Tourney.

Mirrim
ex-Exchequer