[Ansteorra] Reducing the Cost of the Black Star

Chandranath chandra at plumes.org
Wed May 30 09:21:09 PDT 2001

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 09:44:01AM -0500, Margaret Mitchell wrote:
> Family membership carries all the same
> benefits as sustaining membership except that you don't get a separate
> copy of the Black Star.  You will still qualify for member discounts at
> events, you can still hold any office, or enter Crown Tourney.

However, the family membership does not count towards the required membership
level for fulfilling group requirements (or principalities, kingdoms, etc)[1].
Ansteorra used to have a waiver that made this untrue, as I understand it,
but I also understand that this waiver has expired.  My lady and I
specifically changed _from_ having one sustaining membership and one family
membership _to_ having two sustaining memberships for this reason.

Just pointing out that there actually is a difference other than as pertains
to the Black Star.

[1] Kingdom law, Article VIII; also Society Corpora, I expect, but as it
    seems to have been suddenly yanked from the Society web site, I can't
    cite it right now.

Chandra

--
Shri Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy, Pursuivant Extraordinaire
Northern Regional Virtual Scribe