[Ansteorra] Re: Black Star?????

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 05:07:53 PDT 2001

> For those who do work on the Black Star, could you
> please post some contact info so that those who wish
> to help can? Thanks!

The Kingdom Chronicler is listed on the inside front cover along with the
other Kingdom officers.  He's in Houston, so work mostly occurs there.

> Has there ever been any consideration to publishing the Blackstar
electronically
> via PDF file? Obviously, not everyone would be able to utilize it, but
those who
> chose such a subscription could be emailed a PDF file with no associated
cost (to
> the kingdom, at least) of paper, printing, postage, etc.

To answer all the persons who have asked about email newsletters -- it has
been forbidden by SCA Chronicler policy and Board determination (based upon
the recommendation by a previous Society Chronicler, taken at the Board
meeting in OKC, about 2.5 years ago).  There are lots of reasons for this,
the one that the then-SC used is that you cannot send maps in a text file
and not everybody can receive .pdf files.

I do NOT want to start an argument here about formats, cost, and etc.  If
you disagree with this policy, the person to contact is the Society
Vice-President for Communications (information in your BLACK STAR and under
"Officers" at www.sca.org), not this mailing list.

                                        ---= Morgan