[Ansteorra] Helm question

Rolf Kvamme baron_duncan at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 07:26:22 PST 2001

It would have to be alot of holes to weaken that helm. Its 10-12g lobster
tail. Beathes drilled into the front of bevours or faces of close helms of
all sort work with no significant "weakening". Pounding metal repeatedly
over years does fatigue the metal, but drilling holes won't.

In short sure Dore, drill a decorative pattern in the cheeckpeaces of my
lobster. You will be able to hear better and have a place to anchor the
chinstrap, while not "weakening" the metal

:)

Duncan Rex Ansteorra