[Ansteorra] How period to be

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Tue Nov 6 12:14:45 PST 2001

>This coming from the man w/ the port-a-castle that is equipped w/ any and
>all modern conveniences, LOL! I actually got to see it this weekend.....wow!
>
>Amanda
>
>Hans, Period manners are always used.An attempt at
>period clothing is always welcome.and if you can
>afford a tent that appears period that is ok also.
>i have seen a few enampments in my short term in the
>SCA. tents range from earth pimples(small dome tents)
>to large period paviilions , to the occasional RV.
>
>Galiwyn

As I am in close conjunction to both of these two, remember Amanda to be
kind to the spirit of the welcome dragon. (and I thought you were a friend
of dragons, so this must have just been friendly banter)  As for period
manners, Galiwyn's are a joy to be around.  He is a true hospitaller as is
Meryn, as they go the extra mile to bring and give others from what they
have and having the office just gives them more resources to do what it is
that they do.

How period to be? Where you are comfortable.  This is a very individual
thing and the joy is being where each person finds why they were called to
this and can enjoy those around them doing the same.  For if we were a
reinactment group or a LARP it would be far different, we are a society
because we have a broad range of diversity, creativity and definatly out of
time combinations going on and it is good, well worth dreaming about.

Looking forward to Margrave, hope it is as magic as the demo was,

Susan the Curious
Hospitaller
Barony of Northkeep
Ansteorra
Susan-the-Curious at swbell.net
http://northkeep.ansteorra.org/hospit/hospitaller.html

on the note of dragons, has anyone seen the Karoke cut at the end of the
Shrek DVD?
happiness is finding the one who just loves you because