[Ansteorra] How period to be

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Tue Nov 6 12:54:35 PST 2001

I find my "periodness" varies from event to event, even.  If I have the
children with me, then it is a bit more difficult to hide everything,
especially as they love to bring their plastic castle with various dinosaurs
to be the dragons.

If the weather is hot, I'm more apt to be less period.  One just feels more
period wrapped in a cloak, sitting before a campfire.  And then sometimes
personal situations and the weather interfere with periodness.

I was angry at my spouse at a recent event, and was so distracted by my
argument with him that I never got around to moving my car.  I think I was
lucky in that no one complained.  At another event, it rained so much that
many people pulled their cars up close to their campsites and slept in them,
rather than get soaked in their tents.

Ideally, though, one tries to do one's best to add to the ambiance, rather
than detract from it.

just mes deux sous
Ly Madelina de Lyndesaye