[Ansteorra] period angling (fishing)

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Nov 26 16:08:31 PST 2001

Lady Julienne de Lion wrote:
> thank you for the links hl stefan, i know there are at least of few of us
> who would love to enter such a competition.

OK. Here are some more links that might prove useful if you do
indeed catch some fish.
In the FOOD-MEAT section:
fish-msg         (109K)  5/26/00    Medieval fish dishes. Fish in the
SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/fish-msg.html
fish-pies-msg     (11K)  5/ 3/01    Period fish pies. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/fish-pies-msg.html
frogs-msg         (15K) 12/28/00    Medieval and period frog recipes.
Referamces
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/frogs-msg.html
(Well, we were talking about eating what some would consider unusual
foods recently)

And soon to be in the NORSE section:
fish-skin-tan-msg  (4K) 11/25/01    Info on Icelandic fish skin tanning.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NORSE/fish-skin-tan-msg.html

Sharkskin or catfish skin shoes, anyone? It would certainly make
an unusual A&S project...

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net