[Ansteorra] Night before Gulf War by Crystoll Mackintosh of the Fray

Victoria Shetler Shetler at home.com
Tue Nov 27 13:24:45 PST 2001

The Night Before Gulf War,
By Crystoll Mackintosh

Twas the night before Gulf War, and all through Ansteorra,
Not a fighter was slacking, being to busy packing.
Their shields and swords were placed with care,
in the hopes that Ansteorra would win the Fort battle there.

Duke Kein lay snug in his bed,
While visions of field battles raged in his head.
Their Royal Majesties, and their Highnesses too,
Debated treaties and conventions with you know who.

And then Duke Kein shouted each unit by name,
The units formed up and charged off to honor, glory and fame!
Charge Fray, now Steppes and Elfsea,
On Western Region! Now Seawinds, Bryn Gwald and Brad Leah!

Punch through Namron,  Bjornsborg, and Bordermarch!
Quick time now, double march!
Watch the flanks Northkeep and Stargate,
Circle round the enemy, Emerald Gate!

Onward Thunder, Wolfstar and Black Company!
Everyone else form on me!

As the two armies collided there arose such a clatter,
from flying swords and poles and ballista matter!
Trimarians were shaking, filled with fright,
for they knew now Ansteorrans Might.

The fighting was valiant and bold,
broken up only by the occasional, HOLD!
Knights were fighting will all their might,
slaying every Trimarian in sight.

Centurions, archers, and fighters all,
Picked up sword and shield at Their Majesties call!
Now's the time to end this rout,
Kill the Trimarians and drive them out!

With a cheer and a vivat,
Ansteorra really showed them what!

And I, I was the first to die,
But worry you not, I will not cry,
For the resurrection point is just over the hill,
There is more fighting to be done, I've not had my fill.

The sun has set, the dead have are out,
Each fighter recalling this bout,
Round the camp fire, telling with glee..
No s***, there I was, Honestly!

Filked By Crystoll Mackintosh
+< Se Fray Stente Feste!
(Anglo-Saxon for The Fray Stands Firm!)