[Ansteorra] computer virus alert

Rhonda & Chuck Leggett leggettr at netzero.net
Fri Oct 5 06:44:01 PDT 2001

Greetings,
          The Barony of Bryn Gwlad has been hit with the TROJ_BADTRANS.A
virus this week. Please take care to examine attachments before opening. At
least one person infected ran a virus scan prior to opening the attachment
and got the all clear to open it. When the same email hit another account it
was detected as a virus. These attachments are listed as pif or scr with a
message to 'look to the attachment'. More info may be found on any of the
various antivirus websites. On that note, do not open any attachments from
Rhonda and Chuck Leggett or Lady Tabitha Baker or Lord Marion du Massue. Our
computer is infected and after many hours and expert help, have been unable
to remove the virus. The good news is that although we are running Outlook
Express, the very thing that is keeping the virus from being removed is also
preventing it being released. We were hit Wed. afternoon and have not yet
infected anyone despite numerous emails back and forth with others trying to
help us remove the virus. Please contact us immediately if you receive
messages with attachments from us.

In Service,
Lady Tabitha Baker
Seneschal Bryn Gwlad