[Ansteorra] Latin Translation

Alexandria Doyle dragonlair at wireweb.net
Sun Oct 7 15:23:55 PDT 2001

> C.L. Ward" <gunnora at vikinganswerlady.org>
> To: <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
> Subject: RE: [Ansteorra] Latin Translation
> Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 19:33:13 -0500
>
> >I need a quick translation to latin for the
> >phrase "see you at the big one".
>
> That's a very colloquial phrase in English and Latin doesn't have a way to
> say this.  The question is "a big what?"
>
> ::GUNNORA::

This is a phrase I've read that firefighters use with each other.   I
believe they are referring to a fire- diaster situation, I'm not sure if
they believe that it may be the one where they die.  It's to go on a
banner to honor a number of the firefighters who were last seen on the
20th floor of the world trade center 2.

Thanks,
Alexandria