[Ansteorra] New Crown Prince & Princess

Aceia aceia at mac.com
Tue Oct 9 08:11:31 PDT 2001

Neat idea, but please keep in mind that "clan" tartans are out of period -
late 17th century.  During our periods, area tartans had more to do with the
dye plants and weaving patterns of the local women, but were not assigned to
specific names or clans as devices.

Also out of period is the 'bonny prince charlie' look of wearing a doublet
with a short kilt (knee length or above) and a knife in the sock.
In our periods, men wore great kilts (below the knee) and sometimes a short
vest-like garment with lots of little peplums that just reached the waist.

If anyone has documentation otherwise, I would LOVE to see it.

-Robin Anderson of Clan Ross