[Ansteorra] Yes this again *sigh*....TRF info

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Tue Oct 9 19:27:43 PDT 2001

Greetings Roberto.

Your request allows a good segue for me (the TRF Liaison
(trf_liaison at hotmail.com)/ TRF Pass coordinator (trf_passes at hotmail.com)) to
report about last weekend.

For those of you who weren't able to make it, the weather turned out to be
glorious for a 1st weekend.  Rains Friday night heralded the cold front that
blew in and gave us a chilly Saturday morning.  We had six rapier and six
chivalric fighters for the mound both days.  Lady Vasalisa had several
contests including a prize for most hours worked for the weekend (which went
to Lady Elaine).  Vivat Stargate!

We have changed some things at the battle mound, including marching down
with a set of six large banners that make quite an impression on the crowd.
Our script for the introduction to the fight has been pared down to a little
over a minute and a half, and we are making our transitions between fighting
styles faster to help retain the crowd.

We had one injury Saturday with Ld. Mu of Samarkand popping his shoulder out
when he fell.  Sunday we had two injuries; Ld. Cariadoc injured his hand
during the 12:30 battle and a fighter from the Seawinds (please forgive me
for not remembering your name) got a face cut from his helmet when he
received a double blow, also at the 12:30 battle.

There were quite a few wonderful displays from the Artisans and a healthy
set of performances from the Bards.

There are still two weekends open for sponsorship; Oct 20-21 (3rd weekend)
and Nov 17-18 (7th weekend).  Please, sponsoring a weekend is fairly easy.
We need a minimum of 30 people to show up for the various things that need
to be done; parade,
waterbearing, information booth, crowd marshalling, fighting, A&S display,
bardic, heralding.  Saturday night we usually ask the sponsoring group if
they want to hold a feast of some type which they can ask a fee to recoup
their costs.  There is a covered area in back with pallets for cooking and
smoking.  More information concerning sponsoring a weekend can be found at
http://home.houston.rr.com/scaattrf/.  This is a chance for your group to
participate in the largest SCA demo in the world.  It is also a good chance
to "autocrat" an event without all the responsibilities involved.

If you have printed information that you would like our personell to hand
out if patrons from your area inquire about local groups, please send the
printed material (our limited budget allows us a very little leeway in
copies, etc.) to:

Kathryn Norris
5607 De Lange Ln
Houston, TX 77092-4103
Attn: TRF Fliers

At the start of the season we suggest that you send 100 fliers.  As the
season progresses the number should be decreased.  Lady Caitlin does her
best to make sure that fliers go out to interested patrons from your area.

I thank you for your time and patience, and I hope to see you at the Texas
Renaissance Festival.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
HL Gerald of Leesville
TRF Liaison 2001 season