[Ansteorra] Are Tartans Period?

Charlie Ribron II landf at airmail.net
Tue Oct 9 23:07:28 PDT 2001

I like you have limited research exp., but if I remember right when I was
researching my family history I came a cross a picture in a book in which I
think is called highland clan and may have had history in the name. The
picture was of Ranold MacDonald and he was wearing the anicent MacDonald
Tartan and I can't remember the date except that it was something like 1260,
1460  or 1560. I think like you said it was a regional tartan than became
what was later called anicent. When I get the time I will go back to the
library and look it up again and get it copyed so I have on hand. I also
would like more on the subject if someone could sent me the infromation to
where I can look it up so I can get it copyed for my personal library.
Carlos