[Ansteorra] tartans

Charlie Ribron II landf at airmail.net
Wed Oct 10 18:52:32 PDT 2001

Thank you for the title of the book, So I can found more information out.
  When I started to try and go to clan meetings, when I could found them in
the area I was in at the time, which was 2. I learned this much about the
tartan: the pleats depend on the person folding it and the size of the
person. The yards for a great kilt starts at about 8 yards and goes up
depending the size of a person. A lot of people like to use 9 yards, I met a
clan brother who had to use 14 yards and he was the Regoinal clan contact
for the Ohio & Ky area.
  I found a book that may help other beginners: Clans & Tartans of Scatland
by Iain Zaczek.
Ld. Carlos