[Ansteorra] Augmentations (was: It happened one Protectorate)

Darius and Monica dmriney at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 17 07:54:13 PDT 2001

Augmentations are likley the only "Truley Period" Honor we have in the SCA.
While the Monarchies of Medieval Europe certainly did not have an award
structure like ours, records of Augmentations can be found in the Mundane
Colleges of Arms. It is now as it was then a singular honor held in carefull
reserve by those who rule as Crown.

The Augmentations of Founding Barons and Baroness is provided for in Law,
just as all past landeds may wear a Black Star on their Coronetes as Court
Baron/Baroness. Thus the Augmentation is still derived through the Law from
the hand of the Crown.

A note of Ansteorran Trivia.. I believe Sir Kief is the Only Ansteorran to
Bear 2 Augmentations of Arms, first as the founding Baron of Ravensfort and
second as bestowed upon him by TRM Timotheous and Allyson

IN Service
Master Darius of the Bells, OL