[Ansteorra] Bjornsborg Heros event

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Oct 22 08:03:22 PDT 2001

This was a very nice event, although by next time maybe there will
be fewer rocks. :-)

The feast was excellant with several delicious items. The only
problem I was aware of, was the long lag time in serving some
parts of the feast, which may be understandable due to the
primative facilities for the feast.

There were three dishes I was very impressed with and would love
to have the recipes for, and any documentation showing these
were period. Even if they aren't period, I still would like the
recipes. :-) These were:

1) the wonderful cheese/olive spread.

2) The chicken in white sauce.

3) The rolled meat recipe. This was probably the best rolled
meat dish that I've ever had, although the use of mono-filament
fishing line rather than butchers string to tie the meat rolls
was distracting as a modern intrusion and could cause problems.
I assume this was a last minute, emergency substitution.

Vivat to the headcook and the feast crew!

THLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net