[Bjornsborg] [Fwd: [Ansteorra] Bjornsborg Heros event]

Adrienne R. Ferrell aferrell at texas.net
Tue Oct 23 18:01:10 PDT 2001

Stefan,

I am glad that you enjoyed the feast.  Ask Mistress Mari for the cheese
recipe and Amerinda for the beef rolls (she did get it from a period source).

Please let no one be concerned that we used mono-filament
fishing line rather than butchers string on the beef rolls.  It
probably should have been a twine for people to remove easier, but we
couldn't find any.  So 100% silk thread was used.

The chicken was one of the most basic chicken recipes you can make.
1) boil the chicken with sage, parsley, a little dill and salt and pepper.
2) remove cooked chicken from stock and de bone it.
3) render down the stock and save to cook the rice in.
4) make the classic white sauce : butter, whole milk, heavy cream, and
eggs, a little chicken stock and a touch of salt and pepper and at the last
moment some fresh chopped basil.

Stefan,   I didn't get this from a period cook book, but it doesn't take a
rocket scientist (borrowed phase from Emirl) to boil a chicken.
I used heavy cream with whole milk because having had far
m fresh milk I know its thicker and creamier, and every cook knows to
thicken a sauce you can use eggs... they didn't have corn starch!

  Sincerely,
Seraphina