[Ansteorra] from Her Maj

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:18:54 PDT 2001

Hi.

Well, it has been 24 hours, and a parade of engineers, insurance agents,
contractors and tree trimming people have swarmed over here like a plague of
locusts.  Yucky.

The newest damage estimate is about $80,000.00 and the upper story as well
as perhaps the garage and the entire roof will be replaced or drastically
repaired.  Say goodbye to the red room as you knew it, it will be the green
room when it is done ;).

I am exhausted, but I very much wanted to thank those of you who took time
out of your own lives to help with the initial clean up, bring us food and
water, and those who called and emailed to make sure we were okay.  Crisis
always makes it very clear who your friends are, and I am glad we had so
many.

Now the sensationalism will pass, and the hard part will begin, that is the
part where we have to rebuild.

My daughter who was at the school across the street that got hit had
nightmares all night, today she woke up smiling so I hope her stress is on
the way to being over.

Tonight is my son's first football game of the season, and one or both of us
will be there to cheer him on.

Again, thank you for the offers of assistance, our clothes and mundane
things for the most part are just fine.   It was things that were special
and medieval that were mostly damaged (besides the house and porches, and
everything in the freezer!) and of course the tornado made quick work of my
daughters play house.  :(.

I will write more later, still trying to make a comfortable space in my home
again.

Love,

Larissa