[Ansteorra] youth Academy

barb draeco55 at home.com
Tue Sep 4 14:15:37 PDT 2001

Academy of the Young Wolves

We have held four meetings for the Academy. Each session has brought to us between two and six new youth.

I have begun to create the Youth Council, which will branch into every area. The terms for the positions of the Council are only four months as the youth have school and after school activities as well. The current assignment given to the youth is to write me a paper explaining what they want from the Academy; it is ultimately their Academy. The youth I have interacted with seem very enthusiastic and interested.

I am also in the process of creating a High Council to assist with the running of this Ansteorran based Academy. This council will consist only of adults from all areas of Ansteorra. This council will simplify teaching the same thing throughout Ansteorra at the same time.

I have informed the youth that I have made a three year commitment to the Academy and that they should decide what type of commitment they are willing to make to each other as well as the Academy.

I will be making Academy favors soon. My next meeting will be at Elfsea's Defender.  I will be in attendance due to the fact that I am co-autocrat for the Compleate Medievalist Tourney being held during the event.

The Academy is being accepted very well and with very little negative input. However, there are those who are skeptical due to other experiences with the youth that didn't work.  I am here to stay for the long haul.

I want to thank everyone for his or her support of my program, vivat!

Your Humble Servant,

Viscountess Katherine O'Malley
Director of the Academy of the Young Wolves
Art's and Science Champion of the Wastelands
Herbalist Guild Leader
Marshal-at-Large