[Ansteorra] Service to Ansteorra

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 09:16:30 PDT 2001

V. Kathrine has started a group, Acedemy of Wolves I believe. It is for
kids ages 10 and up. I really like this idea. I watch the kids going to
childrens' activities and see a need. Wtih all the kids that are there,
very few are 10 or older. I am not sure what the answer is, but this
does create a good question. What can we provide for our kids 10 and
older that truely want  to be involved in our great Kingdom. We have
started with youth combat, and they have provem themselves to be as
honorable and chivalrous as the best of us, but there is more than
combat. I have seen two who have attached themselves to their local
nobility and work hard as pages or ladies-in-waiting. I find it
impressive when a 10 year old will fan their baroness for a court the
length of StarGates last court, when they could be off playing.

Many of you were kids in the SCA, what would you like to have had?

Many of you have kids 10 and older in the SCA, what would you like to
see us have?

There are those on this list who are in the 10 to 17 range, what would
you like to see us have?

I was very impressed by a young gentle who was asked to stop and play
and refused because he was on an errand for his Baron.

I hear the cry, let me serve...What can we offer them?

your servant,
mahee