[Ansteorra] Re: Disaster Relief for New York and Washington

R. Worthington riane72 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 02:08:57 PDT 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Although our purpose as an organization has always been to recreate the
history of the Middle Ages, in times such as these I often find myself looking
to the words of great persons in the comparatively brief history of our own
nation.

 " In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted
the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink
from this responsibility - I welcome it, I do not believe that any of us would
exchange places with any other people of any other generation. The energy,
faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and
all who serve it- and the glow from that fire can truly light the world.

And so, my fellow Americans : ask not what your country can do for you-ask
what you can do for your country."      John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address
(1961)

"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to
fear is fear itself-nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes
needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. In every dark hour of our
national life leadership of frankness and vigor has met with that
understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to
victory. I am convinced that you will again give that support to leadership in
critical days." Franklin D. Roosevelt Inaugural Address (1933)

Although the blood banks have asked the people of this nation to wait to
donate the gift of life, we all  know that the need continues beyond this
week. Give the gift of life because it is what you can do for your country.

 Heroes are figures of admiration because they possess noble qualities and
valor. Take up the call and give your suppport to those people who find
themselves amid that lingering dark hour of terror, so that united we as a
nation can find ourselves victorious over fear.

Lady Riane la Cygne