[Ansteorra] Sunday practice, meetings, populace

Rhonda & Chuck Leggett leggettr at netzero.net
Fri Sep 14 13:33:41 PDT 2001

Unto the populace of Bryn Gwlad,
      I have just been informed that ALL city facilities are in total
lockdown. What this means is that no one other than city employees holding
keys will be allowed access to any city building. What this means for us:
We have lost our Sunday practice site and our populace meeting site. This
policy is in effect immediately. The plant super. tried to get us an
exemption. He was not successful. I do not have any idea what we sill do
about populace at this time other than to cancel this month. The notice is
too short to find another location. I will see what can be done about next
month. The plant super. said he will let us know as soon as this restriction
is lifted. It will be reevaluated in the next few weeks and we may be
allowed to hold meetings there once more. Until then, I ask for your
assistance in finding another location for populace meetings.
    Sunday fighter practices are cancelled until further notice. If and when
we are allowed to use the Walnut Creek facilities again, those practices
will resume. I have also cancelled this month's populace meeting. We will
have announcements at fighter practice as usual on Tuesday. I would like for
everyone with a spare moment to please look for alternative meeting sites.
Schools are likely unavailable now as are many other sites. I have in the
past checked libraries, but found them to be either booked or quite small.
We may have to use a much smaller space for a while.
   Sunday's planning meeting for Baronial Faire will be held at my house.
7301 Charlton Drive in Austin. Charlton Drive is off Hwy 290 E. just before
the Hwy 183 intersection. Head east on the 290 access road, east of IH 35.
Turn right between Mr. Gatti's and Tres Amigos. Look for the house with the
large blue van, small yellow truck, and white cargo trailer in the drive.
The meeting time remains 4pm.
    The meeting of the financial committee will also take place at my house
at 5:30pm on Sunday afternoon.
     The water treatment facilities have been locked all week with security
guards posted at all gates and barricades in place. The wastewater treatment
facilities will now be guarded as well.As inconvenient as this may be for
us, this is for our protection as it is believed that the attack on
Washington,D.C. and New York was only a part of the plan of the terrorists
and that our country is still at risk.
          Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,
                   Tabitha Baker
                    Seneschal Bryn Gwlad