[Ansteorra] Sunday's Results from Mooneschadowe's Guardian Tournament

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Mon Sep 17 14:11:17 PDT 2001

Since no one else has done so, I'd thought I'd post the results of
Mooneschadowe Guardian Sunday events :-)

There were two tournament on Sunday, the first being the Insegnante
tournament.  As with all the previous Insegnante tournaments, it was
indeed a joy to watch, with great wit, style, fun, and humor.  I had the
pleasure of marshalling the first two rounds of the tournament, and the
good attitude of all the participants was a joy to behold.   I am not
sure how many participants there were (my memory tells me more 14 or so)
, but Mooneschadowe's own Chandranath Mitra was chosen by his peers, the
list-mistresses, and the marshals as the 7th Insegnante of
Mooneschadowe.

Vivat Chandra!!!

The second tournament of the day was the New Fighter's Armoured Combat
List.  The new fighters list was also a wonderful one to watch.  It was
a Swiss five tournament with the rounds being Glaive, Single Sword,
Bastard Sword, Great Axe, and Sword and Shield.  There were many good
fights to watch, and the fighters, some of who had never even picked up
some of the weapons that were used in the tournament, conducted
themselves admirably.

There were two prizes for the new fighter's tournament, two helms
donated by the Armourer's guild of Mooneschadowe.  The first helm was
one of our UBF helms, and went to the winner of the tournament.  The
second helm, was a polished great helm, and it went to the fighter voted
most honorable by the gallery and the other fighters.

Northkeep and its canton Rundel showed very well this day, with the
winner of the tournament Ld Eric Bloodaxe and the fighter voted most
honorable, Ld. Canacan O'Conor, both being from the shire of Rundel.

Vivat the new fighters!

Vivat the new Insegnante.

Centurion Jean Paul de Sens
Mooneschadowe