[Ansteorra] Cheep Canvas

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Mon Sep 3 13:32:39 PDT 2001

I was at Lowes Hardware yesterday and I saw some painter's canvas drop
cloths for sale. I checked the canvas and it is good, solid 10oz
unbleached canvas.

It comes in two sizes, 9'x12' for $25 and 12'x15' for $31

The cost per yard is:

9'x12' cut into
6 yards of 72" wide canvas @ 4.16/yd
8 yards of 54" wide canvas @ 3.13/yd
9 yards of 48" wide canvas @ 2.78/yd

12'x15' cut into
10 yards of 72" wide canvas @ 3.10/yd
12 yards of 60" wide canvas @ 2.58/yd
15 yards of 48" wide canvas @ 2.07/yd

This canvas is totally untreated and contains no waterproofing or fire
retardent so if you make a tent of it you will have to do all the
treating (and such canvas is not allowed for tents at Pensic). I
intend to use it for large carry bags, ice chest covers and canvas
banners.

Doré