[Ansteorra] TRF passes

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Mon Sep 24 18:18:45 PDT 2001

Drakazon at aol.com wrote:

> How would one go about obtaining a pass for TRF?
>
> Alauna

Posted last Month:
Subject:
            [Ansteorra] It's time, once again, for thoughts to wend
toward Texas
            Rennaisance Festival
     Date:
            Tue, 7 Aug 2001 06:52:00 -0500
     From:
            "Gerald L. Norris Jr." <jerryn at houston.rr.com>
        To:
            "Ansteorra mail list \(E-mail\)"
<ansteorra at ansteorra.org>,
            <producer at texrenfest.com>, "Isabeau Quiquandon \(E-mail\)"
<terriwalker at ev1.net>,
            <seneschal at ansteorra.org>, <pem1968 at aol.com>

Greetings unto all from Gerald of Leesville.

This is a bit long but please bear with me.

For those of you who don't know, I am this year's liaison for the SCA
at the
Texas Rennaisance Festival.

Every year the SCA holds its largest demo in Plantersville, Tx. during
the
Texas Rennaisance Festival.   For three hours of service (or
participation
in all three fights scheduled at the mound) people wishing to
participate in
the demo can have free entrance to the fair (worth $20 at the gate).
We are
always in need of artisans, bards and fighters to help with the demo,
which
runs for 7 weekends.  There is camping space available as well as some
sleeping space above the gatehouse.

This year's theme is "The Magical Realm", a decided fantasy theme with
fairies and trolls as well as the usual show put on by the TRF
troupes.

Fight times this year have changed.  They are: 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, and
2:30
pm.  We have been given permission for fighters who wish to
participate in
the parade to "peel off" from the parade at the fighting mound.

This year TRF management has been asked to not allow people to come in
the back gate without a pass.  This has been done at the request of
the
liaison and deputy liaison.  In plain english, if you come to the back
gate
expecting to leave your driver's license or other form of ID at the
security
booth in order to get a pass from the compound the security is being
asked
to not let you in.  You have to have a pass.  Also, if you purchase a
ticket
in order to get a pass from the compound for a refund you will be
refused.
The reason for our insistence on heightened security measures is to
enforce
more "control" and insure that it is the Pass Coordinator who has
control
over pass distribution.

This year's pass coordinator is Lrd Beoan mac Tarbh (Jonathan Prevot
(e-mail
is trf_passes at hotmail.com)).  He is also this year's deputy liaison
(trf_deputy at hotmail.com).  He is the person to contact concerning
passes.
We will have passes to give out within a month or so.

We require three hours of service (doesn't have to be all at once, but
some
time during the day).  Each fight on the mound, scheduled as a 30
minute
activity, counts as one hour of service.

Fighters can balance their requirements with other activities (working
on a
particular A&S project along with displays for an hour, bardic
performance
for an hour, or water-bearing) to substitute for any of the scheduled
mound
fights.

Artisans are asked to display some of their works as well as work on a
current project.  There is limited material at the compound for
displays, so
please bring display materials (including tables if possible).

For the bards there is a covered stage as well as a sitting place in
front
of the gatehouse and a balcony area from which to perform.

We encourage everyone to participate in this largest demo of the SCA.
We
generally receive over 1200 individual contacts through this demo, and
many
times are the first contact people have with the SCA.

If you wish to get in contact with me, please call 281.773.7922 (cell
phone)
or 713.957.8177 (home) or e-mail me at trf_liaison at hotmail.com.

Thank you for your patience and your participation.  There will be a
web
site availabe "soon".
Web site is:
http://home.houston.rr.com/scaattrf/