[Ansteorra] Elfsea Mud I mean Springfair

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Tue Apr 9 17:56:20 PDT 2002

Gunnora wrote:

> Innes said:
> >help, help,   Save us from the
> >Authenticity Mavens.
>
> Now wait a sec... there's nothing wrong with authenticity, so long as no
one
> is shoving it down your throat like a goose being force-fed.  People who
> care passionately about authenticity but demonstrate it by doing it
(rather
> than insisting *you* do it) are one of the best parts of the SCA in my
> opinion.

I can't agree more.  The operative phase in your paragraph is "so long as no
one is shoving it down your throat...etc"  My original post was due to the
fact that I have and do get "jumped" if I say "troll" or "autocrat".  Not by
Pendaran, mind you, but by others who may have taken his role playing with
yourself more seriously than either of you anticipated.  You can't be held
responsible for them and I certainly don't...however, if one never explains
that such jumping is not appreciated, the jumping continues forever.  I love
seeing folks like yourself and Pendaran who can actually pull off the whole
extreamly authentic stuff.  Me...I can hardly walk authentically let alone
make something like that.  But that doesn't mean that I and others like me
should be castigated for it, and we have been, are and most likely will be
in the future.  I think by "authenticity maven" Innes is meaning *that* type
of person...the one who makes everyone who doesn't measure up to their level
of authentic miserable, embarassed and disgusted with the whole society.

Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen