[Ansteorra] SCA slang

SiobhanON at aol.com SiobhanON at aol.com
Fri Apr 12 07:46:45 PDT 2002

My tuppence,
    I agree with everyone on this. It is wonderful to try to recreate as
accurately as possible. But, four hundred years ago +, people didn't really
understand science and physics and many times explained away normal phenomena
with magic and witchcraft. When I hear terms such as magic time pieces, it
makes some sense to me. I am sure some people believed in trolls,
leprechauns, and dragons. It is hard to keep all mundanity out of the
society, and some people have more trouble than others. I figure those are
the people who use most of the cutesy terms, doesn't bother me at all. People
who are most secure with their ability to play in persona don't seem to use
as many. That doesn't bother me either. Different strokes for different
folks. It's all fun to me.
Siobhan