[Ansteorra] Ambience

Adrienne R. Ferrell aferrell at texas.net
Fri Apr 12 16:44:03 PDT 2002

Have you ever noticed how people's manners change when they put on their
nice clothes, get all dolled up and step into a fine and expensive restaurant?

It's not just the clothes, it's the surroundings, they are elegant and
refined.. and the ambience rubs off on you; at least while you are there.

The advise given to me at my first event was "if it's mundane cover it up".

Playing persona is so much easier when the environment is set that way, it
seems natural.  I think we all should help others play just by being
courteous about our surroundings we can control. Things as easy as putting
a piece of fabric over a plastic ice chest,or moving your car from view,
helps to create a more medieval atmosphere.

When the A's (attire, atmosphere, ambience and (good)attitude) come
together, dreams can come true.

Sincerely,
Seraphina