[Ansteorra] Re: My last word

Theron Bretz tbretz at io.com
Fri Apr 12 18:29:25 PDT 2002

>Dear members of this list, I apologize to any and all who were >offended by
my use of the word Nazi.  It is the similarity in >tactics I refer to in the
analogy, those who believe that my way is >the only way and I am better than
you because I do things my >way.  Fortunately by my experience this is a
very small group of >people.

Your Excellency,

No apology is needed.  Once again, I would stress that I raised my objection
to the word in question in terms of its general pejorative usage rather than
a specific incident.  If the discussion made people think before using the
word in the future, so much the better.  I apologize if the thread
distressed you, but to my mind, some valuable discussion ensued both public
and private, and I've seen no hard feelings come from it.

I certainly hope you don't consider me a member of that very small group of
mean people who spoil it for the rest of the History Freaks (my personal
favorite term - slightly deprecating but sans the racist/genocidal
connotations).  If you do consider me one of these folk, please contact me
off-list so that we may discuss how I might correct this behavior.

Don Luciano Malatesta