[Ansteorra] Authenticity

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Apr 17 08:56:27 PDT 2002

Sir Pendaran said:
> Are certain the entire list cares to know so much about my
> horses?

I guess not. I thought it might be a fun exercise and be
useful as an example of persona play. In particular, had
it gone on a few times, I think I could have demonstrated
that although we were talking about two different times,
myself the 1150s and yourself I assume somewhere in the
13th Century, that there need be no time irregularities
to be worked out. For when talking about daily life, seldom
do comments about who is king and such come up.

Since we had started talking about horses, I thought I
might bring up how the 3-field system (because it allowed
the growing of oats for the horses) had made it much easier
to maintain horses these days. And you might have said that
said perplexed (because things change in one hundred years)
"but of course. That is how it is done all over here.".
Niether of us has to know we are talking about places
a hundred years apart, even if they are both in England.

I know very little about the details of medieval horses,
although I know a bit about medieval agriculture. I was
hoping to illustrate that folks could carry on a substantial
conversation in persona, without having to know all the
details of medieval history or even daily life.

Oh well. I will now return you to your conversations about
A&S contests, event announcements and authenticity police.

THLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net