[Ansteorra] The Journey (was SCA slang)

mike young uther at lcc.net
Wed Apr 17 14:40:59 PDT 2002

> . Had I instead been placing my
> poems in displays and not received critical help from two very good judges
> (Mistress Charla and Corinne), I would not have been pushed to explore and
> learn and improve myself as an artist.

A good judge can be instumental in the developement of an artist.

> As for research driving the perception of Authenticity Police, I ask
hasn't
> research always been an important aspect of A&S? Without it, how can
verify
> our efforts as true to the period? I think that the higher standards for
> research these days is merely a reflection of the fact that as we grow
> older, the standards grow higher in all aspects. What passed for good
> costuming 20 years ago no longer passes the standards now. The same holds
> true for fighting and most aspects of the society, why not for research?

If not for the research done in my particular area,(food), we would still be
telling the same "they seasoned thier spoilt food so they could eat it"
tales.  Knowledge is power, and the society is filled with people who quest
for knowledge.

> Pendaran
> (Does this make me an art jock?)
I think you should be whatever makes you happy...just as long as you keep
writing poetry:)

gwyneth