[Ansteorra] The Journey: A&S

Anthony Lackey catan at webzone.net
Thu Apr 18 22:17:37 PDT 2002

    Another important fact to remember about documentation:  If you didn't use
100% period whosis or methods, that's perfectly ok, if you clearly state that
you know what period whosis and methods are (describing what would have been
used with what tools in period) and then giving your reasons for using
otherwise.
    I.e., "in period this garment would have been made of linen, however, due to
financial limitations, I used a linen/cotton blend instead." "The bone carving
of this piece would have been done with blah blah period tools, which are
pictured in the illustration fig. 4., however, I used a dremel tool to speed my
work as my free time is limited."
    If you show in your documentation you know with what and how such items were

made in period, but explain why you chose to differ, most judges will be
reassured you did research and know your stuff and cut you a lot of slack.  This
is one very important function of documentation for an artisan.

Catrin