[Ansteorra] 10' credibility tool

Theron Bretz tbretz at montroseclinic.org
Fri Apr 19 07:28:46 PDT 2002

> I would just like to point out that there is nothing in the SCA governing
> documents or incorporation that says our function is to "educate" the
> general population.  We are a "self-educating" group as witnessed by the
> many universities, colleges and collegiums throughout the Known World.  We
> do not put on public performances as many of the groups that are limited
> more restricted time periods (often wars) do.

Argued like a person of letters.  The fact is, whether or not we have a
written mandate to do so, we DO go into schools and other educational
settings.  As such, we have a responsibility to the truth. Saying it's not
in our charter and our role is to educate ourselves is a convenient dodge
that ignores the reality of the situation.  What's the point of being
self-educating if we can't educate ourselves correctly? What purpose demos
in schools if we disseminate falsehood?

Don Luciano Malatesta