[Ansteorra] Authenticity in the SCA

Samuel jernigen sirsdg at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 13:52:36 PDT 2002

Since this topic seems to never end, ever, anywhere.
Id like to share a few things with the masses.

the SCA However disfunctional, falsely leading, or
estranged in its Idea of what our rules and purpose is
does in fact meet its one true goal. It brings like
minded people together under a very large extroverted
umbrella of history. we are not a Re-creationist
group, we actually hit eachother and have much more
lax standards. We are Not a Sci-fi group, people frown
when I wear fangs on the field or bring a phaser to
the pit battle at estrella.

Our ONE thing we got going for us is the ability to
choose. I can choose not to wear boots and throw on
tennis shoes, I can choose not to wear plastic and
stainless armor. I can choose to wear chauses and
brais to court. And Frankly no one has the Right to
tell anyone else they dont have those choices. Our
rule is simple and even then rarely inforced. " an
attempt at pre 17th century garb to attend "
if you are happy with blue jeans, a tunic, and doc
martins so am I. If your happy with linen under tunic
wool overtunic, hood, chauses, brais, and using an
accent I cant understand, guess what, so am I.

the choices I have are personal just as everyone else.
Im not a fan of plastic pickle barrels on the field
but I will accept the other persons right to wear a
breastplate that says "kosher". And If I cant accept
it then IM in the WRONG game.....

the real reason why so many people are drawn to the
SCA is the diveristy of personalities. the Reason why
they say is the SCA has long practiced an acceptance
level Far above that of the main stream. lets not muck
with that and become small groups of 10.

Sir Samuel