[Ansteorra] Re: Authenticity/Ten Foot Rules

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Sun Apr 21 11:12:06 PDT 2002

In a message dated 4/19/02 8:55:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
BMartin at corp.prodigy.com writes:

> > Whereas when I was taught the "ten foot rule" it was that if an expert
> (i.e.
> > someone who knows what they are looking at) couldn't discern from ten
> feet
> > away the inaccuracies, then it was ok (which meant that things like
> machine
> > sewing is fine, but you want to stick to accurate materials).
> >
> > Obviously the term has some shades of nuance to it.
> >
> > Marc/Diarmaid
> >

> The first rule is correct this one is  not.
> Donnel
>

> Since these "rules" are not rules at all, but merely guidelines that some
> people have come up with, I don't think that one can determine which is
> correct and which is not. These things are left to individual
> interpretation.
>
> Pendaran

I am just pointing out that is the one that I learned way back when. Thus the
first one is the correct definition of the what we called the 10 foot rule.
Now weather you choose to use it is up to you. The second one may be a newer
version.
Donnel