[Ansteorra] 10' credibility tool Rewrite

Synrik synrik at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 21 12:17:37 PDT 2002

Your gender doesn't matter.

The only reason people had a problem with your post is that you stated it as a
fact from some stony encyclopedia on high.  This may not have been how that you
had wanted to come across, but that is how most of the people on the list had
accepted your statement.

The 10' Rule --- in what ever form --- is an opinion.  It is a useful opinion and
a general opinion that I personally believe that we should all strive for.  But
an opinion none the less.

If you had stated that, "If my memory serves me right, I believe I had head of
_______ so many years ago."  Then everything would have been OK.  Someone would
have piped up that at least one person can verify that the rule had been around
for a while.  I in fact remember it floating around eight years ago.

But as many things in life, people had a problem with 'how' something was said,
and not 'what' was said.

But people have calmed down and have moved on to other topics . . . . . . and
perhaps that is for the best.

--------  Gustave alf Blitzgarten