[Ansteorra] Fire for Pendaran

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Wed Apr 24 09:06:38 PDT 2002

M'lady

I don't mind a lady rebuffing my offer to help carry something unless she's
rude in doing so (a rare occurrence). What I do mind is offering to help,
having that help turned down and then being criticized for not helping. Such
was my original point - the criticism, not the refusal for help.

Also, woe be unto some lord attack me for attempting to help his lady as I'd
be forced to have my squires sit on him out of defense of my person!

Pendaran

-----Original Message-----
From: CLASS016 at aol.com [mailto:CLASS016 at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 10:42 AM
To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Ansteorra] Fire for Pendaran

M'Lord,

If a lady rebuffs your attempts to help her with her bundles, simply smile
and say, "I've always admired ladies with backs as strong as their wills"
and go about your day.  (I carry my own armor, gets me in the mood.)

For each lady that you have carried for, thank you.

See, M'Lord, the fire was not so hot ... and the "damned if you do and
damned if you don't" works both ways ... if we accept assistance, sometimes
that is misinterpreted by the helpful gentleman and the rebuff the lady must
give then may be much more hurtful ... or if her Lord is attentive to the
situation, his rebuff might be down right debilitating.

Regards,
Bianca Sereni
Lady to Lord Magnus "Ace" Strongaxe

<SNIP>
It seems to me that I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't and will be
criticized either way.

Awaiting the fire,
Pendaran