[Ansteorra] Chivalry isn't dead...

Arabella de Montacute arabella at elfsea.net
Wed Apr 24 19:56:53 PDT 2002

When I first joined the SCA I had to learn how to accept the help from gentlemen.  I wasn't used to getting any help and I am quite the independant woman.  I had to *learn* that it felt good and made me feel like a lady.

I also had to *learn* that I sometimes I had to ASK for help.  This also was a hard chore.  I again wasn't used to asking.  I can faithfully say I've rarely been turned down when I did ask a gentleman for help.

I also had to learn something else... If I really didn't need the help I still had to thank them for asking.  It shows they were paying attention and I appreciate their gesture.

HL Arabella (who loves to feel like a lady)