[Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Clickishness....

MBC71798 at aol.com MBC71798 at aol.com
Wed Apr 24 23:19:15 PDT 2002

I remember that first event when men were tripping all over them selves. It
was kinda funny, and a new experience for me. Things these days are not as
easy to get done, unless one of the people that I introduced to this game is
there. That is one of the first things I tell people. If you need help, ask.
If you are hungry Raid the Ice chest, if  you dirty it, clean it, and if
someone needs help, ask if you can help. I guess it also helps that when I
bring a newbie to an event, I feed them and clothe them. ( no I don't burp
them and put them to bed)( or pet them and call them George)! Its not just
w.w.m.p.d. its a common courtesy that we have all been guilty of not doing.
So, what would be wrong with holding a class in basic SCA courtesy at an
event? Of course have a peer teach it. ( hehehehehehe) ( Story time with Sir
Pendaran?? ) If we don't take care of the newbies, then lets not even look at
where the game will be at in the years to come. Honor, Respect, Decorum, and
Above all, have fun!
Lady Susannah Blackthorne
Apprentice to Mistress Roz