[Ansteorra] WWSD? was: WWAD? was: WWMPD?

IagoAH at aol.com IagoAH at aol.com
Thu Apr 25 07:18:21 PDT 2002

While I nearly gag when I hear the Artherian legend lines in reference to the SCA, I must agree that I don't want to do in all situations what a 16th century Spaniard would have done. So in reference to WWSD (What Would a Spaniard Do):

I have no urge to conquer and enslave the native people when I travel to a new place. I certainly don't want to force them become Catholic.   I'm not real up on the whole burning heretics thing either.

Too many of my friends have English personas, and I'd hate having to go around killing them off. (Some of them shoot too well anyway.) Although it might be funy to string up an occasional pirate now and again, I don't think the police would be amused.

Lets not even bring up personal hygene, my doublet is smelly enough after fighting and I wash it after every event.

Iago Cabrera de Cadiz
(who wants to KNOW what behavior is historically is accurate)