[Ansteorra] Gophers in the Garden

C. L. Ward gunnora at vikinganswerlady.org
Fri Apr 26 04:22:59 PDT 2002

Mistress Bunny said:
>I have 5 cats but they aren't allowed in the
>basement, cause rabies is fairly common up here
>also (something else not in the brochures).

YOu need to watch for when the rural vets in your area do "Rabies Roundups"
where they'll do a lower-cost rabies innoculation.  Although most of the
time you can just buy the vaccine from a feed store and have someone who
knows how give the shots for you to save some $$ too.

Vaccinate those cats against rabies!  It's always possible for one to scoot
out a door when you least expect it, and it's a horrible way to see one of
your little pals die.  And, once vaccinated, you can let them hunt gophers
in the basement to your heart's content (and theirs).

::GUNNVÖR::

(Whose farm is presently in the throes of a skunk epidemic, and even the
horses are vaccinated for rabies.)