[Ansteorra] Recruiting and Retention [was: which brings us...]

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 26 05:19:32 PDT 2002

 Greetings,

we actually have the same problem in the College of Three Bridges as well. Our turnover is roughly the same. We get them interested and perhaps they come and play. Once they leave, perhaps they will play with their local group. *shrugs* That is the only difficulty in having a college or a group on a military base - turnover.
Eleanor Cleavely
Apprentice to Master Darius of the Bells
Bronze bearing Red
House Rising Thunder
  John Thorn <thornsca at hotmail.com> wrote: Luciano

I know exactly how you feel! Here in Middleford, since we are based on a
military compound, we have an average turnover of "new" people ever 2 -4
years.... without questions. Usually we spark their interest and they end
up in other kingdoms for a few years.

I conduct fighter practices on Fort Hood every week, and usually get
perhaps 1 new person a month. About 1 in 5 actaully sticks around long
enough to acquire armor and begin fighting or participating in other areas
of the SCA.

The persons we do get who want to do this, or who have been moved by the
Army to Fort Hood have only 2-5 years before Uncle Sam moves them again.

makes things tough to nail down.

Lord John Thorn
Shire of Middleford
Squire to Sir Guy LeStrange