[Ansteorra] What Would Your Persona Be Reading?

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Fri Apr 26 06:35:31 PDT 2002

Gunnora wrote:
Book?  What's a "book"?  I pass my time listening to the grandfathers sing
stories

"Books" are rare and marvelous things.  They contain on their parchment
leaves letters and words written in ink and wonderfully painted with bright
colors and gold leaf.  The monks of the Christian church from Rome sit all
day in their cells copying their sacred words for the use of the priests.
I have only seen 1 "book" in the hands of the priest at the church in the
town.  My real father, May the Lord have Mercy on his Soul, paid good money
to have our names scribed into the town's book, and I understand that many
merchant's keep "books" of their enterprize, neither of which are sacred but
useful to them.  But these I have never seen so I cannot vouch for them.
However, I agree that the singing is ever so much more entertaining for you
don't need to worry about spilling your drink on a song!  Since I have moved
into the North to be with my new Lord, I doubt that I will ever have to
worry about such a thing.  The Sisters in the house I was raised in as a
small child knew somewhat of "books" but only the eldest and I was never
privy to these "books".  One older sister did try to teach me the letters
and symbols thereon but I was a poor scholar at best and she gave me up as a
student when it became clear that my head was more inclined to weaving than
to writing.

Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen