[Ansteorra] and yet another topic

Teresa Atkerson family at mcalesternews.com
Fri Apr 26 07:23:04 PDT 2002

This may be rather wordy  (warning, Will Robinson, Danger, Danger!) but
I wanted to thank two people who, back in 1985 (maybe early 1986) ,
first told me about the SCA.
I was married at the time and we were living in Lufkin. I was working at
one of the hospitals there in the collections department.
We went out one night with a couple who told us about something they did
where they "reenacted" a period in history — the Middle Ages. The man
talked with the person who was my husband about fighting and she told me
about the bardic area. We were invited to attend a demo  and I was
excited about it.
However, when we got home, the person I was married to at the time told
me that it was stupid and he wanted us to have nothing to do with it.
Well, the person who was my husband and I have been divorced since 1989
(HURRAY!)  and I became a charter member of  the Canton of Rundel (the
last of our many names ) in 1995. So, thanks to that couple. I wish I
could speak to them personally.
If they are on this list, I hope they read this and know that it may
take years for someone to become a part of this group but it does
happen!
Ly. Megge Pyper