[Ansteorra] let's play stump Stefan's florilegium....

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Fri Apr 26 16:07:23 PDT 2002

Elysia asked:
> I also have a question - what colour did Spanish women wear
> for weddings?
> White is a modern tradition...
>
> Elysia
> (Who needs to know these things... kinda in a hurry!)

Yes, the bride wearing white at her wedding is a modern
tradition. Perhaps Victorian? I'm not sure that any
particular color was traditional.

You may have finally given a question I haven't got
the answer for, yet.

However, I would look in the WEDDINGS section. You
might find some other useful files if you can't find
something specifically on Spanish bridal fashions.
Here is one possibility:
wed-attire-FAQ    (41K)  3/18/96    Clothing ideas. (sec. 3)

Also, you might check these files in the CLOTHING
section:
cl-Spain-msg      (12K)  7/ 1/99    Clothing of Medieval Spain.
clothing-books-msg(93K) 12/14/99    Book reviews, bibliographies and pattern
                                      sources.

Stefan