[Ansteorra] Too many events?

J.G. Bretz b3zsgirl at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 08:54:46 PDT 2002

> This was the whole concept behind the multi group calendar event.  It was
> to encourage three or more groups to get together and put on events.  The
> benefit was the event did not count against your yearly limit.
>
> Sir Burke

Good news is that it does not count against your yearly limit, bad news is
it did not count against your yearly limit.

Despite the intention it has served to further fill the calendar as most
groups feel they still need to "fill their quota".  I don't feel that we
should encourage smaller groups to hold joint events or less events.  Some
of the best innovative events I have attended have been by small groups.  It
is the larger groups that seem to have the perpetual event.  Let's take one
that we used to have in Stargate, Five Star.  The concept was great, and we
enjoyed it, but once you get to the 5th one it stops being innovative.
Though there are ways to make the perpetual event innovative.  In
Bjornsborg, I cannot remember any two fall courts being alike.  No one
really knew what to expect until they got on site.  Likewise, no two Squires
& Cadets are alike, and that event has persisted as one that people enjoy
every year.

I think Countess Rebecca is correct, the more innovative and different the
events the more I want to play.  However, it may not be the big guys on the
block who step up to the plate ;-)

Biatrichi

P.S. Thanks to Raven's Fort for providing a fun persona play opportunity
with the Court of the Great Khan.  I had a great time, and got the savages
to buy nearly all of my second press olive oil....opps, I mean the finest
press I have for the great lands to the West.  :-)
HL Biatrichi di Palermo
Seer to the nobility of since 1492

Non essiri duci sinno tu mancianu, non essiri amaru sinno ti futanu