Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Too many events?

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Apr 30 15:16:41 PDT 2002

At 03:13 PM 4/30/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Perhaps having  the
>>15th annual Sword Stomp Double Elimination Uber Tournament just because we
>>have always had it, needs to be rethought.
>>__________________________
>>HL Biatrichi di Palermo
>

>I agree.....which is one of the reasons I think we should change Kingdom law
>regarding the reservation of dates on the Kingdom calendar for so-called
>"Perpetual" Baronial events.
>
>There's nothing like having a great idea for an event and not being able to
>secure a date for 2 years because the calendar is full of "same song, next
>verse" events.
>
>Timo

There is nothing in Kingdom Law that says a Barony has to use its perpetual
date, just that they can have one.  It is one of the perks that becoming a
Barony earned you.  If a Barony feels that is does not want to declare one
of its events a perpetual date, so be it.  But don't single out those
Barony's who want their event on the same date each year.  To free up the
calender we could equalize the number of events that each group gets to
hold to 2 per year.  With roughly 40 groups that would still be 80 events
plus all the regular Kingdom events in 48 weekends per year
(Crown/Coronation weekends excluded).

Burke