Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Too many events?

Theron Bretz tbretz at io.com
Tue Apr 30 05:13:01 PDT 2002

> IIRC Kein and Alisha were not in the US when their coronation was to be so
> it was put back to when Queens Champion Tournament was so as to not muck
up
> the entire Kingdom Calendar. Not your normal sort of thing.

Which actually makes my point.  There's an old observation about the SCA
that says anytime you do something three times, it becomes a tradition.
This is how we end up with "traditional" cookie-cutter events.  All of which
leads to ossification on the grounds that "we've always done it that way".

I'm well aware of the extenuating circumstances leading to the Bloody Hot
Queens/Coronation, but it serves to show how given the proper impetus, we
can bring ourselves to break the mold (or the cookie cutter, or the fossil
matrix...)

Luciano